Utah Society of Certified Public Managers (USCPM):
Recognized as Leaders in excellent government management practices
Purpose: The purpose of the Society shall be to promote the quality of government through public management and instruction on improved methods of operations in the public sector.
Mission: The mission of the Society is to: be recognized as leaders in excellent government management practices; provide professional and personal development opportunities through on-going education and networking; promote national accredited professional certification for government managers; and to act as catalyst for change and as a resource to Society members and to government.
Members: Individuals are granted membership in the Society upon payment of annual dues. Members may be Certified Public Managers, instructors or administrators in a CPM program, or current participants in a CPM course. Members must reside or work within Utah.
Defining the Partnership between Utah Department of Human Resources Management and Utah Society of Certified Public Managers:
Shared Partnership Vision Statement:
Working together to promote excellent government management practices.
Shared Partnership Mission Statement:
- Provide professional and personal development opportunities through coordination of a successful joint conference.
- Promote enthusiasm, trust, commitment, pride, standards, and balance in public management and management training.
- Act as a catalyst for government change.
Continuous Improvement, Communication, Ethics (i.e. honesty, integrity), Humanistic Management, Innovation, Diversity, Empowerment, Cooperation/Teamwork, Commitment, Follow-through, Knowledge
- Promote a continued positive working relationship through open and continuous communication, and providing clear expectations.
- Recognition of a full partnership (team processes for decisions, 100% commitment to goals and actions taken individually/collectively, respecting other's abilities).
- Proactive approach through planning and risk management.
- Utilization of a cooperative leadership model.
- Provide assistance to each other, when requested.